Monday, February 26, 2024

A brief word on AI generated images

     It seems earth-shaking disruptive technologies occur with some regularity, these days. Artists and writers are rightfully afraid of their job security, as greedy corporations scheme to replace them with AI generated content. The social and ethical implications are not to be taken lightly.

    That said, I really enjoy using AI tools. They're fun, interesting, and even inspiring. So what is a man to do in times like these? I have come to the following unavoidable conclusion:

    I, personally, feel it is unethical to use AI generated content in products intended for sale. It's taking jobs from working artists and mangling their work through an algorithm to produce a saleable product without any credit, consent, or royalties.

    Thus, I solemnly swear that I will never include AI generated art or text in anything I offer for sale.

    I'm making this blog for fun, and it's all free. I may use AI generated art in my posts, but if I ever offer a product for sale, I'll either draw the art myself or hire an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Six-Point Interesting Locations in the UVG

      I've been trying to get myself to do more writing and worldbuilding, just for its own sake. You can't improve if you don't...